Belmont Outdoor Temporary Pool
For information regarding the planning and proposed design of the new Belmont Pool, please visit www.BelmontPool.com.
The Outdoor Temporary Pool is 50m x 25m in size and is open to the public. The water temperature is 82º. Parking is located in the Granada Beach lot. Parking meters in this lot accept coins & credit cards.
We will no longer allow drop in swims. Please pre-register for a time slot for any of the following activities. You can register up to (2) weeks in advance. Walk-in registration is also available during normal operating hours.
Registered participants arriving more than 5 minutes after the activity start time will forfeit their reservations spot to those on the stand by list.
A stand by list will be created on an as-needed basis, more than 20 minutes prior to the activity start time.
Lap swimmers will be directed to the pool office to have their name added to the stand by list.
Water Exercise participants will be directed to the water exercise entrance to get in the stand by line.
**Belmont Pool will be closed on September 7th, November 26th, December 25th, & January 1st.
*Pool will be closed at 2 pm on December 24th & Dec 31st.
Public Swim Hours:
|M - F||5:30 am - 9:15 am||Short Course|
|M/W/F||10 am - 1:45 pm||Short Course|
|T/TH||11 am - 1:45 pm||Short Course|
|M - TH||7 pm - 8:45 pm||Short Course|
|Sat/ Sun||8 am - 11:45 am||Short Course|
|Recreation Swim - Cancelled until further notice.|
|M/W/F/Sun (Mornings)||11:05 am - 11:45 am|
|Tu/TH||7:05 pm - 7:45 pm|
|M/W/F/Sun||10:05 am-10:45 am|
|Fees - No refunds will be offered|
*Membership passes will not be sold or accepted until further notice.
Youth classes are 20 minutes in length; adult classes are 50 minutes in length. Registration for classes will be taken at Belmont Plaza Pool during regular scheduled hours or online on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register early to reserve your place in class and no later than one week prior to the beginning of the session.
- To help protect staff and participants from the spread of COVID-19, class formats will be modified, including reduced class sizes and instruction from the pool deck. PK 1-3 and levels 1-3 will require adult household member participation in the water. To ensure the safety of all, participants will not be allowed in the class unless a parent/guardian is with them in the water.
- If you are unsure of the level for which to sign up, call (562) 570-1806 to arrange a swim test. Classes may be cancelled or combined in the event of low enrollment.
Beach Swim Club: Competitive swim training for novice through elite levels. For more information, please visit www.longbeachswimclub.com or call (562) 597-9744
The Long Beach Grunions: A fun, high energy U.S. Masters team and social club promoting diversity. Our coached practices have workout levels for swimmers from beginner to advanced. For more information, visit www.lbgrunions.org.
Shore Aquatics: Competitive swim water polo programs for ages 5 to adult. For more information, please visit www.shoreaquatics.com or call (562) 597-1382
SWIM Long Beach: U.S. Masters club swimming for adults for all levels from novice to competitive as well as triathalon training. For more information, please visit www.swimlongbeach.com
Children under 48 " tall must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times. Swimsuits are required. We do not offer refunds of admission fees. Schedules and fees may be subject to change.
New Pool Rules
- Pre-registration required for all activities.
- Participants will be asked to line up on marked spots as they arrive and will be assigned their own lane (only one swimmer per lane allowed).
- To gain access to our facility participants must wear face masks the entire time, except for when they are actually in the water.
- Participants must come dressed in their swim suits, as changing facilities will not be available
- Participants are also encouraged to only bring few necessities on deck, leave the rest of their belongings in their car or at home
- Participants will be granted access to facility at the designated entrance gate, one at a time, at the start of their registered time slot
- Entrance to facility will not be allowed 15 minutes after start of activity
- Participants will be allowed to walk through the ADA shower before walking up on deck door will be propped open, no private showers available
- Participants are to walk to their assigned lane and associated section of bleachers to place down any belongings
- No equipment will be available to participants; they are encouraged to bring their own preferred swim equipment.
- Participants will be asked to exit the water at the end of their registered time slot, regardless of time they entered the water.
- Participants will dry and gather their belongings and will be ushered off deck, using the Southeast exit gate.
- No showering at our facility will be permitted after swimming
About Make a Splash
The USA Swimming Foundation's Make a Splash initiative is a national child-focused water safety campaign, which aims to provide the opportunity for every child in America to learn to swim. Through Make a Splash, the USA Swimming Foundation partners with learn-to-swim providers and water safety advocates across the country to provide swimming lessons and educate children and their families on the importance of learning how to swim. The USA Swimming Foundation has invested millions of dollars to provide grants to qualified Local Partner learn-to-swim programs, to spread national awareness, and to bring together strategic partners to end drowning. To date, more than 2 million children have received the lifesaving gift of swim lessons through the USA Swimming Foundation Make a Splash Local Partner network, comprised of more than 600 qualified lesson providers across the nation. To learn more, visit www.usaswimmingfoundation.org/makeasplash.