This graceful three tiered fountain began to flow in 1971 and has delighted residents every since. The fountain is in a park-like setting and creates the atmosphere of Naples, Italy with the sound of falling water and the illumination of the lights at night.
This site was donated to the City in 1933 by the Belmont Shore Development Company and was known as "Circle Park Naples". It was renamed "Bella Flora Park" by the Park Commission in 1934. The old Naples Hotel once stood to the west of this site. The original park improvements consisted of a lawn area with large Phoenix Palms. It also included a vent for an abandoned underground septic tank. The vent was removed in 1971 and replaced with a Neapolitan-type fountain that rises in three-tiers from an octangular base. The fountain was dedicated on February 20, 1971, and renamed "La Bella Fontana di Napoli". The fountain was renovated in 2008 with new tile and lighting by City staff with assistance of the Naples Garden Club.
Open space, courtyard with a flowing water fountain, park benches.