| || || || |
Parks, Recreation and Marine Recreational Dog Facilities Long Beach is fortunate to have several facilities for Long Beach residents to exercise their dogs off leash. Most facilities feature spaces for both large and small dogs, benches for owners, free doggie waste bags and water fountains. Double entrance and exit gates provide a secure environment for dogs. Parks, Recreation and Marine Dog Parks are non-supervised facilities. Patrons should use recreational dog facilities at their own risk. The City of Long Beach accepts no responsibility for the behavior of dogs or dog owners. Please refer to the Dog Park / Dog Zone Rules.
Dog Parks Rosie's Dog Beach
Downtown Dog Park
K9 Corner Dog Park
Uptown Dog Park
Recreation Dog Park
Wrigley Heights Dog Park
Rules Dog Park/Zone users must comply with posted rules for the safety of everyone and every dog.
- Each dog must be under the control of an adult.
- Only one dog per adult is permitted.
- The dog must be under visual and voice control at all times.
- Pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in provided containers.
- Dogs must be older than 4 months, vaccinated and licensed.
- Puppies younger than 4 months are not permitted for their and other dogs' protection.
- Owners must have a leash. Dogs shall be on leashes whenever outside Dog Park/Zones.
- No aggressive dogs.
- Dog owners are legally responsible for injuries caused by their dog.
- Professional dog trainers/handlers are not permitted to use the facility for instruction.
- No female dogs in heat.
- All dogs must wear a collar with current tags.
- No spiked collars; they can hurt other dogs.
- No food-human or dog-of any kind.
- Owners shall provide drinking water for their dogs as needed.
- Children must be supervised by adults.
- Children are not permitted to run, shout, scream, wave arms or excite or antagonize dogs.
| || || |