This is one of the most beautiful parks in Long Beach with a view of the Pacific Ocean and gentle sea breezes. Joggers, strollers and dog walkers are among those who visit this park frequently.
The Alamitos Land Co. gave the 11.16-acre park area to the City in 1919. In 1950, the City purchased the 0.30-acre block south of Ocean Blvd between 19th and 20th Place at the west end of the site from the U.S. government. The site contained the historic Elizabeth Milbank Anderson house, used by the Navy during World War II as a Chief Petty Officer's club. It was remodeled in 1954 to house the Long Beach Museum of Art. More...
Footpath with ocean view, Telescopes, Benches, Green Space, Lone Sailor Memorial