Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier is a popular site for fishing and strolling. Sport Fishing can be accessed at the end of the pier, as well as a snack stand and bait shop.
The original Belmont Pier was built at approximately 39th Place in 1915 at a location know as "Devil's Gate" for an off shore rock below the bluff. In 1967 the new concrete Pier opened, east of the old wooden pier, which remained until after construction. The Belmont Plaza Pier area includes the plaza connecting the pier to 39th Place. The Pier is 1,800 feet long and 24 feet wide, with an enlarged hexagonal area at the seaward end, and two wings extending 120 feet east and west. A structure at the end of the pier housed a snack bar on the ground floor and lifeguard offices and restaurant on the second floor. Second story uses were discontinued in the 1980's. More...
Sport Fishing, Snack Shop, Bait Shop, Benches.