2019 Summer Day Camp registration begins on line at LBParks.org on April 13 at 8 a.m.Release Date: 2019-04-01
Registration for Summer Day Camps offered by Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine (PRM) starts April 13. PRM offers a variety of camp experiences so that the interests of every child are met and working parents can have a solution for their child care needs over the summer.
This year, Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine invites kids to “Re-Discover Summertime,” at its summer day camp programs. Residents can register beginning at 8 a.m. on April 13 using a variety of methods: online atlbparks.org, by calling 562.570.3111 or by visiting the Registration Reservations Office (2760 Studebaker Rd.) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays.
Park Day Camps
Park Day Camps include sports, group games, arts and crafts and much more. Weekly field trips, workshops and specialized classes are available at an additional cost. The camps operate between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 17 through August 23. Extended care is available from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for an additional $35 per week for both morning and afternoon extended hours. Park Day Camps are offered at the following locations:
- El Dorado Park West Camp, ages 5 to 12, $115 per week
- Pan American Hi-Five Sports Camp, ages 5 to 12, $115 per week
- Silverado Park Camp, ages 5 to 12, $115 per week
- Stearns Champions Creative Arts Camp, ages 5 to 12, $115 per week
- Veterans Park Camp, ages 5 to 12, $115 per week
- Wardlow Park Pee Wee Camp, ages 5 to 8, $115 per week
- Whaley Park Music and Arts Camp, ages 5 to 12, $120 per week. Please note that online registration is strongly recommended for this camp.
Aquatics Day Camps
Aquatics Day Camps strengthen water safety skills and build camaraderie through games, pool and ocean activities, and more. The camps operate between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 17 through August 23, except where noted. Extended care is available at Belmont Junior Beach Camp and Bayshore Beach Camp from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for an additional $26 per week per session. Aquatics Camps are segmented by age, and each camp is unique. Sessions include:
- Belmont Junior Beach Camp, ages 5 to 7, $165 per week
- Bayshore Beach Camp, ages 8 to 12, $165 per week
- Bay Club Teen Camp, ages 13 to 15, June 17 through August 9, $123 per week
- Counselor-in-Training Camp, ages 13 to 17, June 24 through July 19, $320 for the 4-week session
Day camps will not be offered on July 4. Residents can call 562.570.3111 for more details about camps, including financial aid information. For more information about the many programs offered by Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine throughout the year, visit lbparks.org.