| || || || |
The Long Beach Municipal Band
One hundred years ago, on March 14th, 1909, the newly organized Long Beach Municipal Band presented its very first concert. Today, over 50,000 concerts later, the band continues to play, entertaining thousands of citizens each season. On March 14th, 2009 we will mark this historic journey with a great evening of music, food, entertainment and dancing - all of which promise to kick off the band's second century in an appropriately fun-filled manner.
- When: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Long Beach Convention Center, Grand Ballroom
- What: Centennial Gala featuring:
- a concert of the Long Beach Municipal Band conducted by Larry Curtis
- dancing to the Studio Band with vocalist Barbara Morrison
- a delicious international buffet dinner created by SMG catering
- and silent auction of unique items to benefit the band.
- Attire: It's a Black and White night! which means you can wear anything from casual to tux in the theme of black and white.
- Cost: $100 per person (that's $1 per year!)
- Cost: $875 per table (10 seats at a table, that is $87.50 per seat)
- RSVP: DOWNLOAD a printable order form and MAIL it in.
- RSVP: CALL 562-570-3100 (press 0 and request an invitation be mailed to your home or business)
- RSVP: Order ONLINE
Sponsorship Opportunities: Several levels of sponsorship are available. Please contact Diane Wiley at Partners of Parks 562-570-3209 for more information.
Silent Auction items: If you have an item you would like to donate to the auction, please contact Laura Spino at 562-619-6742
Other information: Parking will be free at the convention center. Directions and further details will be sent with your confirmation letter.
| || || |