Senior Citizen Advisory Commission
Dr. Robert G. Finney
Mary Alice Sedillo
Dr. Naida Trshnet
2020 Commission Meeting Schedule
|January 15, 2020||Silverado Senior Center||1545 W. 31st St.|
|February 12, 2020||Long Beach Senior Center||1150 E. 4th St.|
|March 11, 2020||Long Beach Senior Center||1150 E. 4th St.|
|April 15, 2020||
Houghton Senior Center
|6301 Myrtle Ave.|
|May 13, 2020||Long Beach Senior Center||1150 E. 4th St.|
|June 10, 2020||Long Beach Senior Center||1150 E. 4th St.|
|July 15, 2020||Expo Center
||4321 Atlantic Ave.|
|August 12, 2020||Long Beach Senior Center||1150 E. 4th St.|
|September 16, 2020||Long Beach Senior Center||1150 E. 4th St.|
|October 14, 2020||Chavez Senior Center
||401 Golden Ave.|
|November 11, 2020||Long Beach Senior Center||1150 E. 4th St.|
|December 09, 2020||Long Beach Senior Center||1150 E. 4th St.|
The duties and functions of the Commission, as stated by the City of Long Beach Charter, are as follows:
- To act in an advisory capacity to any City department, or City Council committee concerned with senior problems on all matters pertaining to older Americans an their needs.
- To assemble information on problems and their solutions for older American through all available means, including public hearings.
- To be empowered on its own initiative to make recommendations to senior citizen service agencies on matters within its purview.
- To act to facilitate coordination between existing and proposed programs for the elderly.
- To carry out such studies as may be assigned to it by the City Council.
- To report to the Mayor and City Council its findings from time to time.
- City Ordinance 2.57.030
The Commission is comprised of nine citizens of Long Beach over the age of 50 years who are appointed for a two-year term, for a maximum of four terms. The regular meeting of the Commission is held on the third Wednesday of each month from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at the Long Beach Senior Center, with the exception of noted meetings.
For more information, please contact: For more information, please contact: Irene Rodriguez, Department of Parks, Recreation & Marine - Community Recreation Services Bureau, at (562) 570-3538.