| || || || |
Celebrate the 105 years of the Long Beach Municipal Band with a "Summer Festival of Music." Bring a blanket, chairs, food, and family and friends for a night of music in the park. All concerts will begin at 6:30 p.m. except for the July 4 show at 7:30p.m. Free.
LET FREEDOM RING
Patriotic music is spirited, energetic and exuberant. It's origins are many, it's tempos varied, but the message is always clear. It proclaims our love of independence and freedom. Join the band in this, it's 105th year, as we celebrate our nations birth. This concert concludes with the vocal styling of the talented Becky Martin.
- July 1 Whaley Park, 5620 Atherton Street
- July 2 Los Cerritos Park, 3750 Del Mar
- July 3 Marine Stadium, 5839 Appian Way
- July 4 Veterans Stadium, 5000 Lew Davis (7:30 p.m. show; free admission, $10 parking fee)
The parks of Long Beach will be illuminated this week with the glow of the lights of Broadway. Enjoy the exciting sounds of some of the most successful musicals of our time. Vocal sensation Barbara Morrison returns to our stage to entertain us all. Don't miss this special concert.
- July 8 Whaley Park, 5620 Atherton Street
- July 9 Los Cerritos Park, 3750 Del Mar
- July 10 Marine Stadium, 5839 Appian Way
- July 11 El Dorado Park West, 2800 N. Studebaker Road
DIXIELAND JAM AND RAGTIME REVIEW
The birth of American jazz began in the early 1800's with a new rhythmic style called Ragtime. This evening we explore two great traditions of American music, Ragtime and Dixieland! Tony Galla joins the studio band as we conclude this fun filled night.
- July 15 Bluff Park, Cherry Avenue & Ocean Blvd.
- July 16 Los Cerritos Park, 3750 Del Mar
- July 17 Marine Stadium, 5839 Appian Way
- July 18 El Dorado Park West, 2800 N. Studebaker Road
VIVA LA FIESTA
Latin music, with it's invigorating melodies and driving rhythms, provides plenty of spice for your musical tastes. Bring the chips and salsa to prepare for some great "south of the border" treats. We will include the return of the popular Meloney Collins to close with a hot night of jazz.
- July 22 Bluff Park, Cherry Avenue & Ocean Blvd.
- July 23 Los Cerritos Park, 3750 Del Mar
- July 24 Marine Stadium, 5839 Appian Way
- July 25 El Dorado Park West, 2800 N. Studebaker Road
The music of America's greatest songwriter is spotlighted during this special evening. Gershwin's remarkable talents produced some of the most memorable music of our generation. From "Strike Up the Band" to "Porgy and Bess" to "Rhapsody in Blue," we close our 2014 season with this spectacular event. Nicole Kubis is back from her immensely successful Australian tour for the season finale.
- July 29 Bluff Park, Cherry Avenue & Ocean Blvd.
- July 30 Los Cerritos Park, 3750 Del Mar
- July 31 Marine Stadium, 5839 Appian Way
- August 1 El Dorado Park West, 2800 N. Studebaker Road
The Long Beach Municipal Band concert season is part of 100 Days of Summer, a partnership with Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine and the Long Beach Convention and Visitor's Bureau to encourage residents to stay and play in Long Beach between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The website, www.100daysofsummer.org has hundreds of ideas for recreational activities that do not cost a lot of money or require traveling far.
Keep up on the Long Beach Municipal Band during their 105th season. Visit www.facebook.com/pages/Long-Beach-Municipal-Band
For news and pictures of Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine events, 'Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LongBeachParks.
| || || |