| || || || |
|Your Idea Could Win $2,500 To Make It Happen!
| Dear Readers,
Do you have an idea that you would like to see implemented in the City of Long Beach but need to money to make it happen?
Well, I have good news for you.
Good Maker -- an internet site dedicated to pointing out all things good in communities, is sponsoring a contest.
Here's how they describe it:
Rules & Regulations
Our communities shape how we live our lives, how we treat others, and how we see the world. How are you positively affecting your community? Inspired by the GOOD Ideas for Cities series, we want to hear about creative ideas you have to uplift your community.
Perhaps you would create a mobile app to enable your neighbors to meet each other, start a rock-climbing club for local youth, or organize a street fair to highlight diverse cultures in your area.
Tell us how you'd like to see your community thrive and you could win $2,500 to make it happen.
The Improve Your Community challenge is open for submissions from August 13 to September 26 (noon Pacific Time). From September 27 to October 11 (noon Pacific Time), we'll open it up to public voting.
Rally your colleagues and friends to get behind your effort and join the GOOD community in selecting the winner.
Join GOOD Maker on Twitter @GOODmkr and Facebook.
- Include a photo or video that represents your idea. Photos should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 × 345 pixels and no larger than 10MB. To include a video, use a YouTube URL.
- Write at least 3-5 sentences that explain how the $2,500 award will enable you to implement your idea.
- If you have any questions, please review these FAQs or send us an email at email@example.com.
GOOD Ideas for Cities pairs creative-problem solvers with civic challenges proposed by urban leaders across the country. Learn more and see videos of recent events at www.good.is/ideasforcities.
GOOD Ideas for Cities is a partnership of GOOD and CEOs for Cities with support from ArtPlace.
- This Challenge is open for submissions from August 13 noon PT to September 26 noon PT. Individuals, nonprofits and groups are eligible.
- Submitted projects must be able to be activated with $2,500. Let us know how you're going to put this money to work!
- Projects will be featured on this page and public voting will be open from September 27 noon PT to October 11 noon PT.
- The project that receives the most votes will win $2,500 to implement their idea.
- In order to vote, log in with your GOOD account. If you don't have a GOOD account, it's free to join. All you need is an email address or a Facebook account to register. You will be emailed a link that you need to click in order to validate your address.
- Read all the rules.
Come on Long Beach!
I know that Long Beach could win this. We have so many creative, involved residents who could participate in this effort and bring $2,500 to Long Beach.
So log on today at: http://community1.maker.good.is/
Let me know what you think by emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for taking time to be involved.
Councilwoman, 5th District
P.S. I have a few ideas of my own that I am going to submit. The more Long Beach submits, the better chances we have to win!
| || || |