5th District Community Meeting
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske will hold a mid-year Community Meeting to provide residents with updates from all around the fifth district.
The meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 7:00pm at the Water Treatment Plant – 2950 Redondo Avenue (Redondo at Spring).
Topics for the meeting include:
· Crime in the 5th District
· Development at the Douglas Park Project
· Redistricting in Long Beach
· Development at Lakewood Blvd. and Willow
· Demolition of DeMille and construction of new high school on Parkcrest
· Municipal Band concert schedule and other summer activities
· Sidewalk and street repairs in 2011
· Sidewalk and street repairs proposed for 2012
· Implementation of the plastic bag ban in August
· Implementation of the regulation of medical marijuana collectives
· City budgeting cycle for 2012