Please click here to access the non-profit and volunteer website.
We Love Long Beach (WLLB), a local 501(c)(3) public benefit group, has spent the last three years working to encourage the citizens of Long Beach to use their gifts and resources to serve others. With the launch of their new website, the volunteer directors have realized the opportunity to facilitate the ongoing work of those people and organizations already benefiting others throughout the city.
WLLB has a growing base of more than 30,000 “fans” on facebook. After hundreds of requests to promote the activities of other organizations and the futile search for a comprehensive list of service groups in the city, WLLB has responded by creating a resource that can facilitate both.
About the site:
1. Organizations register and create a free profile including their logo, website link, mission statement, description of services, contact information, the districts they serve and five searchable key words.
2. Once approved, organizations can then post their upcoming events that automatically display on the district page where it is taking place, as well as the organization’s own profile.
3. Users can easily find organizations and their events by clicking a district-specific map or by using a single-click search of 25 different types of service.
4. Each event page has a button for volunteers or attendees to sign up. Org administrators instantly receive notice of a registration and person’s name and contact info are automatically added to a formatted, printable event roster.
5. The site is entirely free. Organizations can register and manage their content and users have full access.
6. User information is voluntarily provided to only those organizations the user desires to support.
7. There is no advertising because the site is intended to be a tool for service in the city, not a revenue stream.
8. Web design and production was generously provided by Ashley Bradford and Dave Gawron of Illuminate Design.
9. Funded by a local professional named Dave Kerns, Re/Max College Park Realty. http://www.davekerns.com/. Dave approached We Love Long Beach in early 2010 looking for a way to benefit the city. At the time, there wasn’t much of a fit, but he responded without hesitation when presented with the idea for the new website.
10. We Love Long Beach developed the concept and provided the creative direction for the site. The written content and project coordination was lead by WLLB, Volunteer Director Adam Ferry.