Parks, Recreation & Marine summer classes are here!
Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine offers you more than 400 classes, day camps, adult sports leagues and aquatics programs scheduled from May through August 2010. These programs provide opportunities for exercise and recreation, social interaction and learning, and growth and relaxation for ages pre-school to adults 50+. Stay and play in Long Beach this summer - you and your family are encouraged to get involved and to participate in art, music, nature, sports, fitness and special interest classes right here at home.
The new summer Long Beach Recreation Connection class guide with classes and programs is out now and on our website for viewing and downloading at www.LBParks.org. Copies of the guide are available at park community centers and city libraries.
Call the Department’s Reservations – Registration Office at (562) 570-3111 for information about classes and programs and our five easy registration options:
1. *Call in by Touch Tone (562) 570-7171.
2. *Log in at www.LBParks.org.
*Obtain an Account PIN and Client number in advance by calling (562) 570-3111.
3. Mail in the registration form on page 39 of the Recreation Connection class guide.
4. FAX in the registration form to (562) 570-3113 and pay by VISA or MasterCard.
5. Walk in to the Registration/Reservation Office at 2760 Studebaker Road. Office hours are M-F, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The office will be closed on May 31.
Another great way to stay up-to-date with news of upcoming classes and registration dates is to register for E-Notify. E-Notify can send e-mail notifications about new classes and programs, as well as newsletters and special reports. It's easy to sign up at www.longbeach.gov.
Enjoy your summer more – remember “stay-cations” and the “100 Days of Summer” in Long Beach and get involved in Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine classes starting soon at your local park.