| || || || |
Please join Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske for the Fifth District's Community Baby Shower.
- Date: May 20, 2010
- Time: 3:00 PM
- Location: City of Long Beach, Department of Health and Human Services, 2525 Grand Ave, Long Beach, CA 90815
Several years ago, as a Registered Nurse, I started the Community Baby Shower to provide a basic going-home newborn kit for low-income mothers to use after they gave birth in our local hospitals. The newborn kits were used by the Public Health Nurses as incentives to expectant mothers who participate in the Department's programs, which help ensure a healthier outcome for their pregnancy.
Due to the difficult economic times, your support is especially needed. You can help out in the following ways:
- New items for the Newborn Kits including diapers, diaper bags, baby wipes, bibs, onesies, and blankets. (No baby bottles as the nurses are encouraging breast feeding.)
- Drop off items on Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm by Wednesday, May 19th, at one of the of the following locations:
- 5th District Neighborhood Office: 2760 Studebaker Road, Long Beach
- Albert Jewish Community Center: 3801 E. Willow St., Long Beach
Make a Contribution:
You can make a monetary contribution for the purchase of these items to: Long Beach Cares, 2525 Grand Ave., Long Beach, CA 90815, and note "Community Baby Shower"
For more information, please contact Tiffany Andrews in the 5th District Office at 562-570-6932 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
| || || |