Ready to Get Fit? Try Walking!
Event Date: October 1-29
If you’re thinking about ways to improve your physical fitness, but can’t afford a gym membership – try walking! It’s is one of the easiest ways a person can become physically fit because it can be done almost anytime and anywhere with no equipment. This makes it easier than most forms of exercise. The Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine is offering a new class – Fitness Walking – for adults 18 years and up and the cost of the class is $30 for four weeks. The classes meet on Mondays and Wednesday from 9-10 am at El Dorado Park, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-10 am at Whaley Park.
The great news is that this is also the perfect class for moms – bring the kids in a stroller and let them enjoy the fresh air and sunshine right along with you as you improve your physical fitness level. Instructor Jeri Carter will make this an enjoyable time for everyone. There are five easy ways to sign up for the class:
1. *Call in by Touch Tone (562) 570-7171.
2. *Log in at www.LBParks.org.
3. Mail in the registration form, available on line or on page 39 of the Recreation Class Guide.
4. FAX in the registration form to (562) 570-3113 and pay by VISA or MasterCard.
5. Walk in to the Registration/Reservation Office at 2760 Studebaker Road. Office hours are M-F, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The office will be closed on November 26-27, and December 25.
*Obtain an Account PIN and Client Number in advance by calling the Registration / Reservations Office at (562) 570-3111.
For information on other Long Beach Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine programs, call (562) 570-3100 or visit www.LBParks.org, sign up for E-notify and we’ll e-mail you the latest information!