Dear North Division Resident,
This Halloween, the Long Beach Police Department will increase area patrols during the
evening hours. Our Division would like to wish you a Happy Halloween and provide you with a few safety tips for you and your trick-or-treaters.
· Keep decorations to a minimum and ensure paths are clear.
· If you are planning an elaborate haunted house with temporary structural improvements, please call the Development Services Center at (562) 570-6651, to discuss required permits and fees.
· If you choose to participate in distributing treats, place a pumpkin in sight of the sidewalk area with your porch light turned on.
· Get together with the neighborhood children or enlist your child’s scout troop to help create signs for each corner that will identify trick or treating is for children, and the hours are from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. (Post signs early to spread the word)
· Turn your porch lights off at the reasonable hour of 7:30 p.m.
· Provide "snack-size" treats rather than regular or king size candy bars.
· Drive slowly and cautiously in residential areas.
· Encourage your child(ren) to avoid fake knives, guns, or swords as part of their costume.
· Remind your child(ren) not to enter a strange house or car.
· Report suspicious persons or vehicles by calling LBPD dispatch at 9-1-1 or (562) 435-6711 by cellular phone.
Together, we can enjoy a safe Halloween in our neighborhoods.
Billy Quach, North Division Commander
Long Beach Police Department
( View PDF )