Now Testing for Census Bureau Positions!
Testing Dates: 9/22 and 9/30
The Census Bureau will be testing for various positions to be located at the Early Local Census Offices opening shortly in: Dowtown Los Angeles, East Los Angeles (Monterery Park), Fresno, Honolulu, Long Beach, Norwalk, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Ana, Santa Maria, and Van Nuys. The Census Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Administrative Assistant
- Recruiting Assistant
- Office Clerk
- Crew Learder
- Crew Leader Assistant
Salaries range from $14.00 - $18.50 per hour depending on the position.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Pass a background/fingerprint check
- Pass the Census Bureau's written exam
How to Apply:
Step 1: Must call 877.232.3385 72 hours before any of the testing dates listed above to learn about the entire application process and to reserve a seat. Separate application package (forms) are required for each position desired.
Step 2: Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network registration is required prior to attending the testing session. To save time, you may pre-register at the Career Transition Center (3447 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach) or Center for Working Families (1900 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach). Registration will also be available at the recruitment. The Census Bureau will test candidates from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Career Transition Center in Long Beach.
Bring any combination of the following documents with you on your first visit:
- State ID / Driver's License AND Social Security Card,
- OR School ID Card (with birth date) AND Social Security Card,
- OR School ID Card (without birth date) AND Social Security Card AND birth certificate,
- OR US Passport AND any proof of Social Security Number (Social Security Card, school printout)
- Please bring your unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) if applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and service available upon request to individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 562.570.3738 or TTY 562.570.4629, at least 72 hours prior to event.