| || || || |
Management positions, with salaries ranging from $20 - $29 per hour, are currently available with the United States Census Bureau and a preliminary testing session will be held at the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network’s Career Transition Center, 3447 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, on Tuesday, August 26 and Friday, August 29.
Interested individuals must call 877.232.3385 no later than 72 hours before the testing dates listed above to learn about the entire application process and to reserve a seat. Separate application package (forms) are required for each position desired.
Required Job Qualifications:
Must be US citizen
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have at least two years management experience
* Pass a background/fingerprint check
* Pass the Census Bureau written exam
Advance registration is desirable.
Please bring the following information to the Career Transition Center or to the Center for Working Families, 1900 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, prior to the testing dates. Registration will also be available at the testing session.
* State ID / Driver’s License AND Social Security Card
OR School ID Card (with birth date) AND Social Security Card
OR School ID Card (without birth date) AND Social Security Card AND birth certificate
OR U.S. Passport AND any proof of Social Security Number (Social Security card, school printout).
* If applicable, unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
* Males born on or after January 1, 1960, must be registered with the Selective Services. For information regarding Selective Services call (847) 688-3117 or www.sss.gov.
Available positions include Local Census Office Managers, Assistant Manager for Field Operations, Assistant Manager for Administration, Assistant Manager for Recruiting, Assistant Manager for Quality Assurance, Assistant Manager for Technology. All positions will be with the Early Local Census Office opening shortly in Long Beach. The Census Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
| || || |