| || || || |
Attention Professionals: Information and Training Session on Employment and Disability Issues To Be Held August 14 at the Career Transition Center
A no-cost Information and Training Session on Employment and Disability Issues, designed for professionals who want to learn how youth or adults with a disability can access and retain needed benefits after paid work begins, will be held Thursday, August 14, 9:00 am Ė 4:00 pm, at the Career Transition Center, 3447 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807. Onsite lunch provided. RSVP required.
During this session, participants will:
- Learn how paid work affects health care and benefits such as Social Security.
- Learn more through case studies using DB101 Benefits Planning Calculators.
- Learn how public and private health insurance programs and federal/state income support programs, including Medi-Calís California Working Disabled Program and the federal In-Home Supportive Services, work with employment and vocational services.
- Hear an update on the 2008 re-launch of the new, friendlier Social Security Ticket to Work Program.
- Get 5.5 hours CEU credit.
- Network and share resources. Participants are invited to bring their service organizationís brochures and outreach materials to share at the training resource tables.
The Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network, California Employment Development Department, and the California Health Incentives Improvement Project, in partnership with Disability Benefits 101, are hosting this no-cost event.
This is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 562.570.3738 or TTY 562.570.4629 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
For more information, or to RSVP, please email Susan_Gainey@longbeach.gov or call 562.570.3711 or TTY: 562.570.4629.
| || || |