| || || || |
Area youth ages 16-21 with questions about education, employment or leadership are invited to attend one of two Informational Fairs being held in August by the Youth Opportunity Center and its partners.
- Need help with returning to school or completing your high school diploma or GED?
- Want to get occupational skills training and certifications in high-growth/high demand industries?
- Not sure if you are work-ready?
- Need work experience or want to know about employment opportunities?
- Think there is more to life and want information on leadership development and mentoring?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, and you are a youth ages 16-21, then you’ll want to attend one of the following informational fairs:
- For youth residing in Long Beach and Signal Hill, the Informational Fair is August 13, 2008, from 2:00-5:00 pm at the Youth Opportunity Center, 3447 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90807.
- For youth residing in Torrance and Lomita, the Informational Fair is on August 20, 2008, from 2:00-5:00 pm at the Torrance Career Center, 1220 Engracia Ave., Torrance, CA 90501.
The Informational Fairs are being hosted by the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network’s Youth Opportunity Center and its partners: Occupational Therapy Training Program; Los Angeles Unified School District; California State University Long Beach, Upward Bound Program; Centro CHA, Inc.; Goodwill; and ACCORD, Advanced Center for Community Opportunity Resource & Development.
For more information about either Fair, visit www.hireayouth.com or call 562.570.4725 or email email@example.com.
Youth Opportunity Center
The YOC, located at 3447 Atlantic Avenue in Long Beach, provides an array of resources and tools to help youth in Long Beach, Torrance, Lomita and Signal Hill find education, experience and employment. Through the YOC, youth have invaluable access to job-search tools, online resume posting, resume development, work readiness training, computers, Internet and email access, career coaching and exploration, internships, apprenticeships and volunteer opportunities, as well as assistance with diploma completion and preparation for entry into college. For more information, visit www.HireAYouth.com.
| || || |