Has the time come to choose a path after high school?
We'll help to lead the way!
The City of Long Beach Youth and Gang Violence Prevention Task Force
invites you to attend:
PATHWAYS TO OPPORTUNITY
A free community education forum about education and career options for teens, young adults & their parents/guardians
Including special welcoming comments by Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster and LBUSD School Board President Dr. Felton Williams.
Featuring 2 presentations:
- Nontraditional Career Paths for Women & Workforce Development Opportunities for All for High School Students, Young Adults and Their Families
- How College Works for First-Generation College Potential Students & Their Families
Plus a Resource Fair with community organizations providing post-high school education and work opportunities.
Monday, May 12
5:15pm - 7:30pm
At Long Beach City College, Pacific Coast Campus, 1305 E. Pacific Coast Highway (Student Center, Building EE).
Parking is $1 (park in lot off Orange).
Doors open at 5:15pm, Task Force meeting will begin promptly at 5:30 and Workshops will begin at 6:00pm.
To RSVP or for more information please contact Melissa Morgan, Human Dignity Officer at 562.570.6948 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is brought you in partnership between the City of Long Beach Youth and Gang Violence Prevention Task Force and the following partners:
- The California Conference for Equality and Justice (CCEJ)
- Centro CHA
- The City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services Weed and Seed Project
- The Long Beach Branch NAACP
- Long Beach City College Women and Men's Resource Center
- Long Beach Unified School District
- Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network
- United Cambodian Community
- Academic Uprise