| || || || |
Long Beach – The Long Beach Department of Public Works has contracted with Damon Construction to make sidewalk, driveway, curb and gutter improvements on a number of streets in the First District. Construction began on November 7, 2007, and is part of the 2008 Fiscal Year contract.
"Improving our streets and sidewalks are a top priority," stated Vice Mayor Bonnie Lowenthal. "In addition to enhancing the aesthetics of the neighborhood, these street improvements will significantly increase the ease of movement for vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, and people with disabilities."
Vice Mayor Lowenthal has been working with residents, community groups, and City staff to identify the streets with the most need for improvements.
For Fiscal Year 08, the streets to be repaired are:
- Magnolia Avenue between 7th Street and 8th Street
- 3rd Street between Magnolia Avenue and Chestnut Avenue
- North side of 4th Street between Elm Avenue and Linden Avenue
- 7th Street between Maine Avenue and Daisy Avenue
- 6th Street between Lime Avenue and Olive Avenue
- Magnolia Avenue between 10th Street and 11th Street
- Locust Avenue between 10th Street and 12th Street
- 9th Street between Olive Avenue and Martin Luther King Avenue
- 9th Street between San Pablo Court and Orange Avenue
- Pacific Avenue between 10th Street and 12th Street
- Pacific Avenue between 12th Street and Anaheim Street
- Pacific Avenue between Anaheim Street and 14th Street
- Maine Avenue between 9th Street and 10th Street
- Harbor Avenue between 19th Street and Summit Street
- New York Street between Linden Avenue and Atlantic Avenue
- West side Atlantic between 15th Street and 16th Street
- Atlantic Avenue between 5th Street and 6th Street
- Maine Avenue between 10th Street and 11th Street
Additional Streets, if funding is available:
- East side Harbor Avenue between Summit Street and 20th Street
- West side Atlantic Avenue between 17th Street and Pacific Coast Highway
- West side Orange Avenue between 7th Street and 9th Street
- 10th Street between Long Beach Blvd and Locust Avenue
- South side 20th Street between Harbor Avenue and Caspian Street
- 10th Street between Maine Avenue and Daisy Avenue\
- 11th Street between Daisy Avenue and Magnolia Avenue
- Magnolia Avenue between 9th Street and 10th Street
During construction, public inconveniences may include possible delays with street sweeping and no parking along affected streets. Notifications to residents and businesses of affected properties will be distributed one week in advance of construction.
For more information, please contact the office of Vice Mayor Bonnie Lowenthal at 562.570.6919.
| || || |