| || || || |
The Neighborhood Design Workshops will be held the following locations and dates:
- Jordan High School Cafeteria, 6500 Atlantic Avenue, Wednesday, August 8, at 6:30 (enter parking lot at signal off Atlantic Ave, across from Villa Park Apartments)
- Cesar Chavez Park Community Center, 401 Golden Avenue, Wednesday, August 15, at 6:30
- Los Cerritos Elementary School Cafeteria, 515 W. San Antonio Drive, Thursday, August 23, at 6:30 (street parking only)
- Cabrillo High School Library, 2001 Santa Fe Avenue, Wednesday, August 29, at 6:30.
The following will be discussed:
- A vision for the Community Livability Plan
- Issues and conditions that affect your neighborhood
- Ideas for the design of community open spaces
- Connecting your neighborhood to the LA River trail
- Crating safer, more pedestrian-friendly streets and bridges
- Prioritizing areas for future enhancements and improvements
- Principles for livable schools.
Refreshments will be served, Spanish translation services will be available, and activities will be provided for kids.
Information generated in the workshops will be incorporated into the Community Livability Plan, which will be completed by January 2008.
For more information, please contact the Community Livability Plan Hotline at (562) 570-7100.
| || || |