| || || || |
Programs for Kids
Pre-registration required for all classes at (562) 570-1745
Registration for Summer classes begins May 6
Preschool in Nature
Enrich your child's learning in an interactive natural setting. Our pre-school sessions will encourage social skills, increase creativity and foster group cooperation, while exercising minds and bodies on the trails. For ages 3-5. Children must be potty-trained. This is not a parent participation class. Classes take place Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-11:30am. $90 per session.
Pre-school programming will resume in the fall
Parent and Me Programs
Bring your sense of adventure as we make new friends and celebrate nature's seasonal wonders through outdoor exploration, stories, art, music and movement. For ages 18mo-5yrs. Parent participation required. Classes take place Wednesdays from 10-11:30am. $20 per adult/child pair. Additional participants $10 each.
Parent and Me programming will resume in the fall.
Bubble, Fizz, Boom!
Explore and experiment with gooey, drippy, fun! You and your child(ren) will have a "blast" with hands-on science play. Come dressed for a mess and ready for fun. Ages 2-5. Parent participation required. $40 per adult/child pair. Bring $15 materials fee to first class. Mondays, 9:30-10:15am or 6:45-7:30pm.
Bubble, Fizz, Boom! will resume in the fall.
Tales and Trails
We will explore the incredible changing world of the Nature Center while discovering creatures large and small and investigating them in creative ways. Puppets, songs and a parachute are all a part of this fun-filled class. Ages 18mo-5yrs. Parent participation required. $40 per adult/child pair. Material fee included. Fridays, 9:15-10am or 10:15-11am.
Tales and Trails will resume in the fall.
Nature Kids! Discovery Camps
Join us for fun and exploration this Summer! Children will experience nature through investigation, hands-on activities, games and crafts. A healthy snack will be provided. Weeklong classes are available for both preschool and elementary ages. See schedule below:
Preschool Sessions - ages 3-5
All Preschool Sessions are FULL for summer. Join us in the fall for one of the preschool programs listed above.
9-11am, $65 per week.
Children must be potty-trained. Not a parent participation class.
- Sensational Science: June 16-20. Experiment, explore, discover and investigate in this fun, hands-on class.
- Pirate Fairies: June 23-27. Arrgh! Get ready for adventure and find the buried treasure!
- What Does the Fox Say?: July 7-11. Discover how tiny creatures and furry friends talk to each other.
- It's a Bug's World: July 21-25. Learn about our itty bitty bug buddies.
- Creature Features: August 4-8. Does a unicorn eat Cheetos? Would a baby dragon need milk? As we blur the lines between real and imaginary, we'll learn what animals need to live.
- Artists in Bloom: August 18-22. Let your imagination blossom as we get creative under the trees.
Youth Sessions - ages 5-9
A few spaces remain in some of our Youth summer programs. Call for availability.
9-noon, $75 per week (except 6/30-7/3, $65)
Children must have completed kindergarten.
- NSI - Nature Science Investigation: June 30-July 3. Investigate clues, find answers and solve the mystery.
- Creativity Crew: July 14-18. Let's pretend, sing, play, and create together. Imaginations welcome.
- All About Flight: July 28-Aug 1. Discover how animals and humans fly, soar, propel, glide and flutter through the air.
- Science Unlimited: Aug 11-15. Learn the secrets behind amazing scientific discoveries and experiment with your own.
- Nature X-games: Aug 25-29. Test your skills against the wildest creatures in nature.
Badger Tours - $5
Ages 5-18. Scouts can enhance merit badge work with a 90-minute program focused on a
| || || |