| || || || |
Programs for Kids
Pre-registration required for all classes at (562) 570-1745
Preschool in Nature
Enrich your child's learning in an interactive natural setting. Our pre-school sessions will encourage social skills, increase creativity and foster group cooperation, while exercising minds and bodies on the trails. For ages 3-5. Children must be potty-trained. This is not a parent participation class. Classes take place Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-11:30am. $90 per session.
"Spring in Blooming Colors" - Mar 18 - Apr 10
"Budding Naturalists"- Apr 29 - May 22
Parent and Me Programs
Bring your sense of adventure as we make new friends and celebrate nature's seasonal wonders through outdoor exploration, stories, art, music and movement. For ages 18mo-5yrs. Parent participation required. Classes take place Wednesdays from 10-11:30am. $20 per adult/child pair. Additional participants $10 each.
- Seussical Silliness - Mar 26. Red fish, blue fish, truffala trees... explore the wonders that Dr. Seuss sees!
- Bunny Hop - Apr 16. Hippity-hop down the bunny trail and make somenew furry friends.
- Flower Frolic - Apr 30. Stop to smell the roses and discover the wonderful world of flower power!
- Mommy, Me, and Mother Nature Makes Three - May 7. Celebrate Mother's Day and Mother Nature while learning all about adorable baby animals.
- Butterfly Ball - May 21. Wear your wings, float and fly amongst the flowers, and indulge in some delicious "nectar tasting".
Bubble, Fizz, Boom!
Explore and experiment with gooey, drippy, fun! You and your child(ren) will have a "blast" with hands-on science play. Come dressed for a mess and ready for fun. Ages 2-5. Parent participation required. $40 per adult/child pair. Bring $15 materials fee to first class. Mondays, 9:30-10:15am or 6:45-7:30pm.
- Mar 17 - Apr 7
- Apr 28 - May 19
Tales and Trails
We will explore the incredible changing world of the Nature Center while discovering creatures large and small and investigating them in creative ways. Puppets, songs and a parachute are all a part of this fun-filled class. Ages 18mo-5yrs. Parent participation required. $40 per adult/child pair. Material fee included. Fridays, 9:15-10am or 10:15-11am.
- Mar 28 - Apr 18
- May 2 - May 23
Nature Kids! Spring Break Workshops
Join us for fun and exploration this Spring! Children will experience nature through investigation, hands-on activities, games and crafts. A healthy snack will be provided.
Ages 5-9 (Children must have Kindergarten experience). $15 per class. 9-noon.
- Snakeology: Mon, April 21. They're scaly, slithery, and mysterious. Learn more as we get up-close and personal with these intriguing creatures.
- Butterfly Bonanza: Tues, April 22. Visit the magical world of butterflies and experience the transformational wonder of these fascinating flyers.
- Opossum Odd-yssey: Wed, April 23. Join us as we investigate the awesome and sometimes unusual wolrd of that funny-looking little nighttime creature - the opossum.
- Turtlemania: Thurs, April 24. Some live on land and some can swim, but they all have that really cool shell. Come discover what the turtle world is all about!
- The Bird's the Word: Fri, April 25. It's baby bird time! We'll explore how mothers care for their young, how they learn to fly and all about those special beaks and feathers.
Badger Tours - $5
Ages 5-18. Scouts can enhance merit badge work with a 90-minute program focused on a
| || || |