| || || || |
Programs for Kids
Visit www.lbparks.org to create a family account.
Registration for Fall classes begins August 9
Preschool in Nature
Enrich your child's learning in an interactive natural setting. Our pre-school sessions will encourage social skills, increase creativity and foster group cooperation, while exercising minds and bodies on the trails.
For ages 3-5. Children must be potty-trained. This is not a parent participation class.
Classes take place Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-11:30am.
$90 per session.
- Sept 9 - Oct 2 "Amazing Autumn"
- Oct 14 - Nov 6 "Fall Frolic"
- Nov 18 - Dec 16 (no class 11/27) "Cozy Critters"
Parent and Me Programs
1-day Parent & Me Workshops
Bring your sense of adventure as we make new friends and celebrate nature's seasonal wonders through outdoor exploration, stories, art, music and movement. For ages 18mo-5yrs. Parent participation required. Classes take place Wednesdays from 10-11:30am. $20 per adult/child pair. Additional participants can be added in person at $10 each.
- Sept 17 "Fall Fairy Frolic"
- Oct 29 "Spooky Spectacular"
- Nov 19 "Turkey Trottin' Art"
- Dec 10 "Winter Holiday Crafts"
Bubble, Fizz, Boom!
Explore and experiment with gooey, drippy, fun! You and your child(ren) will have a "blast" with hands-on science play. Come dressed for a mess and ready for fun. Ages 2-5. Parent participation required. $40 per adult/child pair. Bring $15 materials fee to first class. Mondays, 9:30-10:15am or 6:45-7:30pm.
- Sept 8-29
- Oct 13 - Nov 3
Tales and Trails
We will explore the incredible changing world of the Nature Center while discovering creatures large and small and investigating them in creative ways. Puppets, songs and a parachute are all a part of this fun-filled class. Ages 18mo-5yrs. Parent participation required. $40 per adult/child pair. Material fee included. Fridays, 9:15-10am or 10:15-11am.
- Sept 12 - Oct 3
- Oct 17 - Nov 7
Nature Kids! Discovery Camps
Join us for fun and exploration this Summer! Children will experience nature through investigation, hands-on activities, games and crafts. A healthy snack will be provided. Weeklong classes are available for both preschool and elementary ages. See schedule below:
Preschool Sessions - ages 3-5
All Preschool Sessions are FULL for summer. Join us in the fall for one of the preschool programs listed above.
9-11am, $65 per week.
Children must be potty-trained. Not a parent participation class.
- Sensational Science: June 16-20. Experiment, explore, discover and investigate in this fun, hands-on class.
- Pirate Fairies: June 23-27. Arrgh! Get ready for adventure and find the buried treasure!
- What Does the Fox Say?: July 7-11. Discover how tiny creatures and furry friends talk to each other.
- It's a Bug's World: July 21-25. Learn about our itty bitty bug buddies.
- Creature Features: August 4-8. Does a unicorn eat Cheetos? Would a baby dragon need milk? As we blur the lines between real and imaginary, we'll learn what animals need to live.
- Artists in Bloom: August 18-22. Let your imagination blossom as we get creative under the trees.
Youth Sessions - ages 5-9
A few spaces remain in some of our Youth summer programs. Call for availability.
9-noon, $75 per week (except 6/30-7/3, $65)
Children must have completed kindergarten.
- NSI - Nature Science Investigation: June 30-July 3. Investigate clues, find answers and solve the mystery.
- Creativity Crew: July 14-18. Let's pretend, sing, play, and create together. Imaginations welcome.
- All About Flight: July 28-Aug 1. Discover how animals and humans fly, soar, propel, glide and flutter through the air.
- Science Unlimited: Aug 11-15. Learn the secrets behind amazing scientific discoveries and experiment with your own.
- Nature X-games: Aug 25-29. Test your skills against the wildest creatures in nature.
Badger Tours - $5
Ages 5-18. Scouts can enhance merit badge work with a 90-minute program focused on a
| || || |