Computer Help @ LBPL
The Long Beach Public Library wants to help bridge the digital divide by offering one-on-one computer classes for our community members. Whether you want to learn to send an email, brush up on your computer skills before going back to school, or post pictures of your puppy on social media, the Learning Guides at the Michelle Obama Library Family Learning Center are here to help. We offer one-on-one appointments that are specific to your needs. Call or visit to set up an appointment!
- One appointment per day is allowed.
- Please bring three questions that you would like answered or a general idea of what you would like to learn.
- Please bring all relevant passwords to access the accounts you need help with.
- Please bring the device you need help with it. We have Windows 7 computers available, but bringing your own device is the best way to learn.
- There is a chance that we will not have the knowledge about a certain topic to adequately help you.
- We cannot fix your device if it is broken.
Topics we can help with!
Getting Started (Overview of the PC)
Saving and Finding Files
Microsoft Office Suite
Using the LBPL Digital Library
Accessing & Using Library Apps
Social Media Basics
Visit or call the Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library
5870 Atlantic Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90805
Michelle Obama Family Learning Center Hours
Tue 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Wed 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Thu 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Fri 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Ready to learn right now? The library offers computer basics tutorials that you can access through Lynda.com in our Digital Library.
Can't make it to the Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library? See a full listing of computer classes offered at our other LBPL locations.
Each month LBPL's website will feature a different neighborhood library and the unique history, programs, and services the branch provides to the surrounding community. Stay tuned for more exciting features!