Need Something Else?
Can't find what you're looking for? Long Beach Public Library offers Zip Books and Interlibrary Loans—two ways to borrow materials that are not in our collection.
- You must have a LBPL library card in good standing.
- The item may be a Book, a Large Print Book, or a Book on CD.
- The request must be for an item that the Library does not already own, or a currently owned item in a different format.
- The cost of the item must be under $50.
- The item cannot be a best seller.
- The item must be available through Amazon Prime.
Request 1 item at a time and keep it as long as you'd like. When you want a new title, you must return your current title.
You may receive a total of 5 items in a month, but only 1 at a time.
Fill out the Zip Book Request Form. Return completed forms by email or at any LBPL location.
Library staff will email or call to let you know when to expect your item to arrive from Amazon, or to let you know if it is not available. Please contact us if you don’t receive your book on the day estimated.
Keep the item as long as you want! When you are finished, return item to a staff member at any LBPL location during library open hours.
Zip Books cannot be returned in the book drop. They must be returned directly to any library staff. Please inform staff that you are returning a Zip Book. The item must be returned in order to request an additional item. If the item is returned through the book drop, it will not be taken off your account.
Repeat for a total of 5 times per month!
Interlibrary Loans allows LBPL cardholders to borrow materials owned by libraries outside the LBPL system, for a fee.
Interlibrary Loans can be a great option when looking for:
- Out of Print Titles
- Books + Audiobooks LBPL doesn't own
- Academic Text Books
- Journals + Newspapers
- Music Scores
We cannot use Interlibrary Loans to request:
- Materials already available at one our LBPL locations.
- Music CDs
- eBooks and other digital media
There is a $5 fee for each item obtained from another library system, plus postage and lending library fees, when applicable.
The lending library fee amount varies and is not known until after a request is placed. If the amount is over what you are willing to spend, we will not obtain the copy for you to borrow.