Long Beach Airport
Long Beach Airport (LGB) has prepared this Emergency Contingency Plan pursuant to §42301 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012. Questions regarding this plan should be directed to Karl Zittel at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Long Beach Airport is filing this plan with the Department of Transportation because (1) it is a commercial airport or (2) this airport may be used by an air carrier described in USC 42301(a)(1) for diversions.
This plan describes how, following excessive tarmac delays and to the extent practicable, Long Beach Airport will:
· Provide for the deplanement of passengers;
· Provide for the sharing of facilities and make gates available at the airport; and
· Provide a sterile area following excessive tarmac delays for passengers who have not yet cleared United States Customs & Border Protection (CBP).
Long Beach Airport has facility constraints which limit our ability to accommodate diverted flights or maintain the airport’s safe operations and strongly encourages aircraft operators to contact the airport at (562) 570-2640 for prior coordination of diverted flights, except in the case of a declared in-flight emergency. Specific facility constraints include the following:
· No CBP service or international passenger processing facilities
· Limited number of terminal gates and aircraft parking positions for certain aircraft types
During diversion events, the Long Beach Airport issues NOTAMs regarding its ability to accommodate diverted flights to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Airport and its ability to serve the civil aviation needs of the public during irregular operations events.
Name of Airport: Long Beach Airport (Daugherty Field)
Name and title of person preparing the plan: Chris Sansenbach
Preparer contact number: (562) 570-2638
Date of submission of plan: May 11, 2012
Airport Category: Small Hub
Long Beach Airport will provide public access to its Emergency Contingency Plan through the following means:
- Posting in a conspicuous location on the Airport website (www.longbeach.gov/lgb/)
- Providing notice of the availability of the plan on the Airport’s social media accounts