CAAP Draft Plan - Released 5/31/19:
The City has released a working draft of the Climate Action and Adaptation Plan! This draft includes the mitigations and adaptations included in the plan, along with some of the supporting information such as the CAAP overview, greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories and GHG reduction target. The GHG inventory includes a supplemental research memo on oil and gas extraction in Long Beach
Supplementary technical information that will be included as technical appendices to the CAAP are linked below under "CAAP Data and Assessments."
DRAFT Long Beach CAAP:
- Introduction, Community Context & Climate Science Overview - Draft Released 5/31/19
- CAAP Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions, Forecasts and Targets - Draft Released 5/31/19
- CAAP Mitigation Actions - Draft Released 5/31/19
- CAAP Adaptation Actions - Draft Released 5/31/19
- Performance and Monitoring - coming soon
The draft plan was presented to the community at the June 1, 2019, CAAP open house. The 45-day public comment period closed on July 15, 2019. A final draft CAAP will be released in fall 2019.