How to Apply
The City of Long Beach is currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Management Assistant Program. Applications are due by Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.
The City of Long Beach Management Assistant Program, one of the most respected municipal management development programs in the country, typically accept applications between October through late January/early February. Please see the below information for current deadlines.
|2018/2019 Program Brochure
and Application Information
Completing the application:
- Cover letter and resume that clearly reflect the scope and level of current/most recent positions and responsibilities, including any honors achievement and school/extracurricular activities.
- Proof of Master's Degree (copy of diploma or unofficial transcripts).
- Responses to the online supplemental questions (responses should be no more than two pages per question):
- How will serving as a Management Assistant with the City of Long Beach assist you in obtaining your career goals, and what is it about the City of Long Beach that makes this your position of choice? Please include your short-term and long-term career objectives.
- Describe the most complex analysis that you have completed either in a past internship, job, or school assignment. Please specify where you completed the analysis, why it was done, what the outcome of the analysis was and any analytical tools used to complete the project.
- Describe what qualities you possess that you believe will make you successful as a Management Assistant in the City of Long Beach.
Applications must be submitted online by Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.
No mail applications will be accepted. Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be included for consideration.
Contact: Glendy Martinez, Personnel Analyst.
Phone: (562) 570-7144 TDD: (562) 570-6706
The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the organization.