|View COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Daily Updates
All Fireworks are Illegal.
Report Illegal Fireworks.
OFFICE OF CIVIC INNOVATION
The City of Long Beach is a national leader in government innovation. The Innovation Team has delivered successful Economic Development and Public Safety Initiatives since 2015 that have tackled large local government challenges with innovative solutions. To expand on the great work, the City launched the Office of Civic Innovation in the City Manager’s Office in October 2018. With funding from departments and foundations, the Office of Civic Innovation serves as in-house consultants to City departments and together co-create effective approaches that address the most pressing issues. The Office comprised of a Director, Data Scientist, Designer, Project Managers and Graduate Interns deploy a six-pronged approach to problems.
In 2019, the Office of Civic Innovation worked on several high priority projects for the City including:
- Supporting the African American Cultural Center Visioning Process
- Launched the Development Projects Map with Development Services
- Implemented a Customer Experience (CX) Program at the Long Beach Airport
- Researched and Developed Recommendations to enhance Long Beach Police Department Recruitment
- Updated Community Education Material for Clean Long Beach
- Incubated a Smart Cities Conversation
- Led the First-Ever Multilingual Community Budget Meeting
- Continued the Work of the Justice Lab Now Funded by the Long Beach Police Department
In 2020, the Office of Civic Innovation will continue to tackle some of the City’s most challenging problems such as:
- Reducing Homelessness
- Expediting the Hiring Process with Human Resources
- Supporting Be Counted, Long Beach Census 2020
- Continuing the Customer Experience (CX) Program with the Long Beach Airport
- Refining the Development Projects Map with Development Services
- Developing the Long Beach Public Safety Promise
Office of Civic Innovation Mission
“Doing things differently.”
The 2020 Census is here!
An accurate and complete count is critical for Long Beach to thrive for the next decade. All of us together can make a difference, take 10 minutes and complete the 2020 Census TODAY!