Call 562-570-4315 to make an appointment of for more information about fees or services.
Mobile HIV testing services are provided throughout the community at various locations:
View the current schedule.
Please note that this schedule is subject to change. Call (562) 570-4315 for more information.
PARTNER COUNSELING & REFERRAL SERVICES (PCRS)
- PCRS is a free, confidential and voluntary services of the Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services. Talking to your partners about HIV can be easier than you think. You can talk to your sexual or needle-sharing partner about being exposed to HIV. We can help.
- PCRS can:
- Coach you on how to tell your sexual or needle-sharing partner about your HIV status.
- Be there with you to answer questions and to give you support.
- Talk to you partner for you, without using your name.
- Make the call… It's CONFIDENTIAL. We're here to help.
For more information about PCRS please contact Marina Ohlson-Smorick at (562) 570-4329.
Court Mandated HIV/AIDS Education Classes
Schedule of Court Mandated Health Education Classes View Map
- No pre-registration necessary. Registration is done on a first come first serve basis. Sessions are as follows:
- 2nd Tuesday of the month 5:30 pm -7:00 pm - SPANISH SPEAKING CLASS
- Last Tuesday of the month 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm - ENGLISH SPEAKING CLASS
Cost: $41.00 (Cash, Personal Checks, Money Orders, Visa and MasterCard Accepted) Call Rosario Rivas at 562-570-7916 for more information.
Biomedical HIV Prevention Services
- PrEP/Truvada (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV)
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, is a HIV prevention Prescription medication for people who do not have HIV but who are at substantial risk of contracting HIV.
- When taken consistently, PrEP has been shown to reduce the risk of HIV infection in people who are at high risk by up to 92%.
- People who use PrEP must commit to taking the medication every day and seeing their health care provider for follow-up every 3 months.
- Services are provided through our Sexual Health Clinic. Some insurance plans are accepted and we offer sliding/reduced fees ranging from $100 to $165 per visit based on income.
- Medication costs or co-pays may be covered by patient assistance programs based on eligibility.
*Please call 562-570-4315 for more information and to schedule an appointment
The Long Beach Comprehensive HIV Planning Group
- The Long Beach Comprehensive HIV Planning Group is the local body for HIV prevention and care program planning in the City of Long Beach. The primary task of the Planning Group is to develop a comprehensive HIV prevention plan that includes prioritized target populations and a set of prevention and treatment activities/interventions for each target population.