HIV Medical Care & Prevention Services
HIV MEDICAL CARE SERVICES
HIV Care and Coordination (HCC) Clinic
- The Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services has been a leading provider for HIV medical services in our community since 1988. The HCC Clinic provides medical services, health education, case management, treatment advocacy, support and direct linkage to outside services when needed. Services available by appointment only.
- Services are available to the uninsured and many insurance plans are accepted.
Call 562-570-4315 to make an appointment of for more information about fees or services.
HIV PREVENTION SERVICES
- FREE Anonymous and confidential HIV testing services are available on a walk-in basis Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm (No appointment is necessary).
- Comprehensive STD testing services are also available through our Sexual Health Clinic
- If you prefer to make an appointment or for more information please call 562-570-4315 Mobile HIV testing services are provided throughout the community at various locations:
Please note that this schedule is subject to change. Call (562) 570-4348 for more information.
PARTNER COUNSELING & REFERRAL SERVICES (PCRS)
- PCRS is a free, confidential and voluntary services of the Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services. Talking to your partners about HIV can be easier than you think. You can talk to your sexual or needle-sharing partner about being exposed to HIV. We can help.
- PCRS can:
- Coach you on how to tell your sexual or needle-sharing partner about your HIV status.
- Be there with you to answer questions and to give you support.
- Talk to you partner for you, without using your name.
- Make the call… It's CONFIDENTIAL. We're here to help.
- PCRS can:
Court Mandated HIV/AIDS Education Classes
- As of January 1, 2018, the City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services is no longer offering Court Mandated HIV/AIDS Education Classes. Please click on the link below for a list of organizations that offer these classes. If you have any questions, please call Rosario Rivas at (562) 570-7916.
Biomedical HIV Prevention Services
- PrEP/Truvada (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV)
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, is a HIV prevention Prescription medication for people who do not have HIV but who are at substantial risk of contracting HIV.
- When taken consistently, PrEP has been shown to reduce the risk of HIV infection in people who are at high risk by up to 92%.
- People who use PrEP must commit to taking the medication every day and seeing their health care provider for follow-up every 3 months.
- Services are provided through our Sexual Health Clinic. Some insurance plans are accepted and we offer sliding/reduced fees ranging from $100 to $165 per visit based on income.
- Medication costs or co-pays may be covered by patient assistance programs based on eligibility.
The Long Beach Comprehensive HIV Planning Group
- The Long Beach Comprehensive HIV Planning Group is the local body for HIV prevention and care program planning in the City of Long Beach. The primary task of the Planning Group is to develop a comprehensive HIV prevention plan that includes prioritized target populations and a set of prevention and treatment activities/interventions for each target population.