| || || || |
The Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program is a preventive well-child screening program for low-income children under 21 years of age. The goal of the CHDP Program is the early detection and prevention of disease and disabilities in children and youth as well as on-going health care. The CHDP Program also links and provides access for over one million uninsured children to the Medi-Cal or Healthy Families Program through an automated pre-enrollment process.
CHDP offers comprehensive health assessment services at no cost including:
- Health and developmental history
- Complete physical examination
- Oral health/dental assessment
- Nutritional assessment
- Behavioral assessment
- Immunizations as appropriate for age
- Vision screening
- Hearing screening
- Screening tests for anemia, blood lead, tuberculosis, urine abnormalities, sexually transmitted diseases, and other problems as needed
- Health education and anticipatory guidance
CHDP is administered and financed by the State Department of Health Services and operated by the Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services.
For further information, the Long Beach CHDP Administration office may be reached at (562) 570-7980.
| || || |