Healthy Active Long Beach
Want to learn basic nutrition information, healthy cooking and snack ideas, tips for clients, and how to keep you and your family healthy? Healthy Active Long Beach is here to help!
Healthy Active Long Beach can help you, your family and even your providers learn about:
- Eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables every day.
- Healthy eating on a budget.
- Tips for decreasing sugar sweetened foods and beverages.
- Fun and easy ideas for getting you and your family, to be more active.
Some of the activities Healthy Active Long Beach does in your community are:
- FREE "Fun with Food and Play!" Nutrition Workshops and Cooking Demonstrations
- Outreach at local events and health fairs
- Presentations for local health and social service providers who work with eligible individuals and families
- The Long Beach Jr. Beach Runners Program, a joint partnership with Long Beach Parks and Recreation.
- Kids in the Kitchen Annual Food & Fitness event, co-sponsored by the Junior League of Long Beach. A free annual food and fitness event featuring healthy food tasting, physical activity games and demonstrations, health screenings, nutrition education and resources to help residents adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Healthy Active Long Beach cannot enroll people in the CalFresh Program
If you need help buying food and would like information on where you can go to apply for CalFresh (Food Stamp) benefits you can meet with an enrollment worker at any of these times and locations:
Are you interested in having Healthy Active Long Beach participate at one of your upcoming workshops/events? Download our form!
Healthy Active Long Beach Program
City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services
Program Line (562) 570-4364
2525 Grand Avenue Long Beach, CA 90815
This material was produced by the California Department of Public Health's Network for a Healthy California with funding from USDA SNAP, known in California as CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps).
These institutions are equal opportunity providers and employers.
CalFresh provides assistance to low-income households and can help buy nutritious foods for better health.
For CalFresh (Food Stamp) information, call 1-877-847-3663.
For important nutrition information, visit Champions for Change