| || || || |
The Food Inspection Program conducts risk based inspections and has a target frequency of three routine inspections per year for restaurants, two routine inspections a year for fast food and limited food preparation facilities, and one routine inspection a year for prepackaged food facilities. During routine inspections, inspectors stress the prevention of foodborne illness and educate food facility operators on proper food handling techniques.
The emphasis is always on:
- Food temperature control
- Employee practices
- Proper sanitation
- Education of the operator
The inspector also verifies that one person per facility has been certified in food safety. A Food Handler's Guide is available to all City of Long Beach food facility operators (one per facility) free of charge; additional copies are available at a nominal fee.
The Mobile Food Vehicle Inspection Program inspects and issues permits to:
- Mobile Food Prep Units (Hot Trucks)
- Mobile Food Facilities (Ice Cream Trucks, Produce Trucks, and Carts)
- Hot trucks and carts with plumbing are inspected six times per year at the Department.
- Vehicles selling prepackaged food are inspected twice a year.
Mobile Food Prep Units and Stationary Mobile Prep Units are required to have one person per vehicle certified in food safety.
Click here for 2011 Route Sheet
For more information, please call (562) 570-4132 ext. 0.
| || || |