INFORMATION FOR SCHOOLS
Early Childhood Care Providers
- Guidance for Early Care and Education Providers (Spanish) (Khmer) (Tagalog)
- For information on infant and toddler supplies available to residents with young children and childcare providers, visit the Assistance & Resources page and click on Children.
Reopening Protocols and Tools for K-12 Schools
The State Public Health Officer requires all public and private schools (K-12) in counties in Tier 1 of the State’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy, including the County of Long Angeles and the City of Long Beach, to remain closed to in-person learning with the exception of the following:
- Public and private K-12 schools may conduct distance learning.
- Public and private K-12 schools are authorized to provide small-group, in-person services in controlled, supervised and indoor environments for specialized services, targeted services and support for students with disabilities, English learners, at-risk students, and high-need students for no more than 25% of maximum occupancy.
- Public and private schools may also seek a waiver to operate in-person Transitional Kindergarten-2nd Grade (TK-2) classes only, as permitted by the Long Beach Health Officer.
TK-2 Waiver Process
- TK-2 Waiver Application - Applications are not currently being accepted under Regional Stay At Home Order restrictions
- COVID-19 School Waiver Instructions
- Long Beach School Reopening Requirements
- Entry Screening Form
- Granted School Waivers
- Specialized Services Form
Schools (K-12) that are permitted to reopen for in-person learning must follow the Reopening Protocols for K-12 Schools and the Protocol for COVID-19 Exposure Management Plan in K-12 Schools.
Additional forms and tools
- Case and Contact Line List for the Educational Sector
- Template Notification Letters for Education Settings
- Exposure Investigation Worksheet for the Education Sector Tool
- Staff/Student Flow Chart(Spanish)
- Resources for Long Beach Schools
- Testing Information Handout (English, Spanish, Khmer & Tagalog)
- Combo Testing Information (English, Spanish, Khmer Tagalog)
- Contact Tracing Information
Reopening Protocols for Institutes of Higher Education
The Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services is adopting a staged approach, supported by science and public health expertise, to limit activities permitted at Institutes of Higher Education until circumstances permit safe opening. Colleges and universities in Los Angeles County and in the City of Long Beach will not be able to resume all inperson academic instruction, at this time. Institutions may continue to offer in-person training and instruction for only for essential workforce whose required activities cannot be accomplished through virtual learning. All other academic instruction must continue to be done via distance-learning.
- Protocols for Institutes of Higher Education
- COVID-19 Exposure Management Plan for Institutes of Higher Education
|Date Received||School Name||School District||# of Students||# of Classes||Final Approval||Waiver Application / Re-Opening Protocol|
|10/7/20||St. Maria Goretti School||N/A||69||6||10/19/20||St. Maria Goretti School|
|10/8/20||Bethany Lutheran School||N/A||60||6||10/19/20||Bethany Lutheran School|
|10/9/20||Los Altos Brethren School and Los Altos Grace School||N/A||45||6||10/19/20||Los Altos Brethren School and Los Altos Grace School|
|10/12/20||Maple Village Waldorf School||N/A||36||3||10/19/20||Maple Village Waldorf School|
|10/28/20||St. Joseph Elementary School||N/A||135||14||10/28/20||St. Joseph Elementary School
|10/30/20||St. Cornelius School||N/A||76||8||11/9/20||St. Cornelius School|
|11/13/20||St. Cyprian Parish School||N/A||72||7||11/30/20||St. Cyprian Parish School|
|11/16/20||Our Lady of Refuge School||N/A||48||4||11/30/20||Lady of Refuge|
|11/16/20||Holy Innocents||N/A||67||8||11/30/20||Holy Innocents|