Information for Healthcare Providers & Those Serving At-Risk Populations
Healthcare providers should report all confirmed cases of COVID-19 to the Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services, Communicable Disease Control Program immediately.
- Regular business hours: 562.570.4302
- After hours and on weekends: 562.500.5537
City of Long Beach Health Provider Alerts
California Department of Public Health All Facility Letters
- CDPH issued Guidance
- CDC Evaluating and Testing Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Physician Check List: Evaluating Patients Who May Have COVID-19
- COVID-19 Positive Patient Transfer Checklist
- CDC Infection Prevention and Control FAQs
- CDC Infection Prevention for Suspect Cases
Food, Supplies, & Volunteers
- Food Bank of Southern California
Serving the SoCal region for over 45 years, the Foodbank of Southern California consists of over 700 certified charitable community agencies that care for hungry people in need from all walks of life. Together with their counterpart, LA Regional Food Bank, they serve the region through the support of USDA and the county’s department of social services to distribute food among their member agencies. +Visit Website
Make sure that no sick workers/volunteers are present, send them home immediately. Ensure that there’s frequent handwashing/hand sanitizing, and practice physical distancing measures (6 feet) per Health Officer Orders.
Health Guidelines & Educational Resources for Service Providers
- Shower and Toilet Health Requirements for Shelters
There should be one (1) shower and one (1) hand-washing station per 15 people and one (1) toilet per 20 people in shelters.
- Teach and reinforce healthy hygiene practices
- Train staff and volunteers on healthy hygiene practices.
- Communicate the importance of healthy hygiene practices with members and visitors.
- Ensure adequate supplies (e.g., water, soap, paper towels, hand sanitizer, tissue) to support healthy hygiene practices.
- Intensify cleaning and disinfection efforts
- Routinely (at least once per day, if possible) clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that are frequently touched, particularly in areas that people tend to walk thorough such as kitchen areas or stairs with hand railings. This may include cleaning objects/surfaces not ordinarily cleaned daily (e.g., doorknobs, light switches, classroom sink handles, countertops).
- Provide EPA-registered disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces (e.g., keyboards, desks, remote controls) can be wiped down.
- Ensure adequate cleaning and disinfection supplies.
- Communicate with staff, volunteers, and the people you serve.
- 4 Steps to Food Preparation
- Crowd Control Guidelines and Tips
Practice physical distancing and frequent handwashing and sanitizing requirements per Health Officer Order.
- Food To Go and Customer Pick Up
- Interactive map of Hand Washing Locations in Long Beach
Long Beach Community Foundation
Grant for nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations working on the frontline’s response in the Long Beach area. +Visit Website
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council partnership with Kaiser Permanent
Funding for organizations meeting the health needs of people experiencing homelessness in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. Preference will be given to organizations receiving 33OH funding and medical respite care programs. +Visit Website
- Food Bank of Southern California
- 5/30/2020 - Congregate Facilities Guidance
- 5/13/2020 - Requests for Urgent Staffing Resources for COVID-19
- 5/1/2020 - Clearing Healthcare Workers to Return to Work at a Skilled Nursing Facility
- 5/1/2020 - Process for Dealing with a Suspect COVID-19 Case in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- 4/07/2020 - Long Beach Long-Term Care Facility Guidance for Managing and Preventing COVID-19
- 4/06/2020 - COVID-19 Checklist for Long-Term Care Facilities
- 4/01/2020 - Interim Guidance for Transfer of Residents with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- 3/20/2020 - Preparing for COVID-19 in California Skilled Nursing Facilities
- 3/13/2020 - Infection Control and Prevention of COVID-19 in Nursing Home
- 3/11/2020 - Limiting the Transmission of COVID-19 in Long-Term Care Facilities
- WEBINAR, Thursday, April 9, 12:00-1:15 pm, PDT: Caring for the Aging Population during COVID-19: Resources for County Leaders
- CDC recorded webinar “Preparing Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities for COVID-19”
- CDPH recorded webinar “COVID-19: Guidance for SNFs”