To ensure compliance with the current Safer at Home Orders restricting gathering sizes, the City is requiring all businesses with Parklets and Outdoor Activity Permits to stop accepting diners at 10:30 PM and close at 11:00 PM on Saturday, October 31, 2020. No open drinking or gathering is permitted in the Open Streets area.
Pine Avenue Open Streets Closure
In an effort to support COVID-19 recovery for businesses and residents, the Long Beach City Council approved an Open Streets Program to temporarily transform public areas into safe spaces for physically-distanced activity. We have partnered with the Downtown Long Beach Alliance (DLBA) to include a full street closure of Pine Avenue between 1st Street and 3rd Street, installed on August 14, and between 4th Street and 5th Street to be installed on September 25.
For businesses interested in utilizing the closed area to create outdoor dining or services space, please review and/or complete the following applicable documents and applications. Please note, retail businesses with outside access are still able to operate indoors per the current Long Beach Health Order, so outdoor programming is currently unavailable to retailers at this time.
- Business Open Streets Flyer - Information on the Open Streets program, including frequently asked questions
- Restaurant Protocols - Long Beach Health Order relating to mandatory restaurant protocols
- Gym/Fitness Protocols - Long Beach Health Order relating to mandatory gym and fitness protocols
- Personal Care Protocols - Long Beach Health Order relating to mandatory personal care protocols
- Occasional Event Permit Application - Required application for utilization of outdoor space
- Occasional Event Permit Guidelines - Information on application submission and outdoor space guidelines
- Insurance Requirements - Required insurance for utilization of outdoor space
Designated delivery zones have been established for businesses along the corridor, as have temporary spaces customers may utilize for restaurant take-out and retail curbside service.
Additional information on the City's Open Streets Program and the current City's Health Order can be found on the City's website.
For questions relating to this closure, please e-mail GoActiveLB@longbeach.gov or call (562) 570-6332, or e-mail Samantha Mehlinger at DLBA at SamanthaM@dlba.org or call (562) 522-0530.