Business Open Streets

The Open Streets program provides local businesses and restaurants with temporary parklets and sidewalk space to provide physically-distanced options. Businesses can request these spaces as well as 10-minute loading zone signs for their establishments at no cost.

For more information relating to the Open Streets program, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.

Public Right-of-Way Use Permitting

In an effort to assist businesses in the COVID-19 recovery, the City of Long Beach Department of Public Works is looking to streamline temporary repurposing of the sidewalk and roadway for dining and other select services. If you are interested in temporary use of the public right-of-way for your business, please review the available options and eligibility outlined in the Open Streets Temporary Parklet Toolkit and complete the Open Streets Temporary Parklet Application. 

Private Lot Use Permitting

Restaurants, bars, churches, fitness classes, and salons wishing to modify their private parking lot to provide outdoor seating or drive-in dining must complete a Special Events—Outdoor Activity Permit. Applicants may e-mail or call (562) 570-5333 and speak to the City’s Special Events Staff for additional information.

Open Streets Requirements