I meet the LBFD tattoo policy:
- No tattoos may be visible while wearing the fire uniform (this includes during recruit training at the academy); any forearm tattoos must be above the natural line of the wrist so they cannot be seen while wearing a long sleeved uniform. No neck, face, head, or mouth tattoos are permitted; with the exception of small, tasteful, wedding band tattoos on the left ring finger.
- Tattoos depicting subversive, racist, hateful, illegal or other unacceptable pictures or messages are not permitted
- No intentional body modifications (scarifications, enlarged piercings, implanted objects, etc) are permitted to be visible while in uniform. Body modification that is not visible while in uniform will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
I meet the LBFD drug policy:
The Long Beach Fire Department hiring standard concerning drug usage is as follows:
- Marijuana - any use of marijuana in the last two years will result in disqualification from the current hiring process. This is not a life-time disqualification; just until a two-year period of no marijuana use has passed.
- Other illegal drug use (other than marijuana or hard drugs listed below) in the last three years will result in disqualification from the current hiring process. This is not a life-time disqualification; just until a three-year period of no illegal drug use has passed.
- No use of hallucinogens LSD and Mushrooms within the last 10 years.
- Certain hallucinogenic drugs (PCP, Bath Salts, etc.) and illegal intravenous drugs (heroin, methamphetamine, etc.) are an automatic disqualification from this process. This is a lifetime ban.
All other drug use will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and a determination will be made based on the applicant's overall qualifications.