Claiming Property from an Impounded Vehicle
- The Registered or Legal Owner may remove personal property from an impounded vehicle before obtaining its release.
- The hours to acquire personal property from an impounded vehicle are: Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Saturdays from 8:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.; and closed on Sundays and Holidays.
- Property retrieval from lien sale vehicles must be completed by the end of business day on the Thursday prior to the vehicle's scheduled auction date.
- Only personal property such as clothing, papers, tools, baby seats or other easily removable items can be recovered from an impounded vehicle.
- Nothing can be removed from an impounded vehicle requiring the use of tools such as the battery, tires, radio, amplifiers, speakers or other items.
- The Registered or Legal Owner of an impounded vehicle may authorize the release of personal property to another party by signing a letter of authorization.
- Removal of personal property from impounded vehicles placed on a Police HOLD for Investigation is not permissible.
- No one can see, touch or remove personal property from an impounded vehicle with a Police Hold for Investigation until the investigating officer has authorized the release of the Police Hold.