|View COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Daily Updates
All Fireworks are Illegal.
Report Illegal Fireworks.
|View COVID-19 Business and Worker Resources|
The mission of the Economic Development Department is to create economic opportunities for workers, investors and entrepreneurs. Economic Development staff are here to help you connect with:
- Business financial assistance and loans
- Unemployment Insurance Application
- Worker Resources
- Free virtual business advisors and consultation
- ‘Safer at Home’ Order (business closure information)
Please contact our Business Hotline and Call Center at 562-570-4BIZ (4249) daily between 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
Our staff, along with partners across the City, offer the following core services to create a vibrant, resilient, and inclusive economic ecosystem:
- Grow and strengthen established industry clusters and emerging sectors in Long Beach.
- Increase access to economic opportunities in low-income communities to advance economic equity.
- Build a supportive economic ecosystem that creates reliable pathways for entrepreneurs to confidently start and grow successful business.
- Create more responsive, cost-effective, and streamlined City processes to grow investment and development in the city.
- Enhance quality of life to grow businesses, jobs, and investment that support a thriving local economy.
- Advance an integrated approach to local and regional economic development to enhance business opportunities and global connectedness.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram at @LBEconDev
ED Staff aniticpates it will return to City Council with findings and recommendations regarding the results of the Independent Jobs Coordinator Pilot Program prior to the expiration of the current PLA.
The 2020 Census is here!
An accurate and complete count is critical for Long Beach to thrive for the next decade. All of us together can make a difference, take 10 minutes and complete the 2020 Census TODAY!
DataLB: Geospatial & Open Data Hub
DataLB is the city's new public GeoSpatial & Open Data Portal for exploring, visualizing and downloading data that has been made publicly available.
Learn More »