The City of Long Beach Economic Development Department's mission is to create economic opportunities for workers, investors, and entrepreneurs. Whether you are a worker, developer, investor, or entrepreneur, we are here to help you succeed.
Our staff, along with partners across the City, offer the following core services to create a vibrant, resilient, and inclusive economic ecosystem:
- Grow and strengthen established industry clusters and emerging sectors in Long Beach.
- Increase access to economic opportunities in low-income communities to advance economic equity.
- Build a support economic ecosystem that creates reliable pathways for entrepreneurs to confidently start and grow successful business.
- Create a more responsive, cost-effective, and streamlined City processes to grow investment and development in the city.
- Enhance quality of life to grow businesses, jobs, and investment that support a thriving local economy.
- Advance an integrated approach to local and regional economic development to enhance business opportunities and global connectedness.