The City of Long Beach Economic Development Department's mission is to create economic opportunities for workers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
Our staff, along with partners across the City, offer the following core services to create a vibrant, resilient, and inclusive economic ecosystem:
- Grow and strengthen established industry clusters and emerging sectors in Long Beach.
- Increase access to economic opportunities in low-income communities to advance economic equity.
- Build a supportive economic ecosystem that creates reliable pathways for entrepreneurs to confidently start and grow successful business.
- Create more responsive, cost-effective, and streamlined City processes to grow investment and development in the city.
- Enhance quality of life to grow businesses, jobs, and investment that support a thriving local economy.
- Advance an integrated approach to local and regional economic development to enhance business opportunities and global connectedness.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram at @LBEconDev
2019 Blueprint Update
Want to know more about the work that the City of Long Beach and its partners are doing to advance the Blueprint for Economic Development but could not make it to this year's Blueprint Update? Head over to our Blueprint Update page to view presentation slides and videos that detail programs and initiatives that address each Focus Area.
DataLB: Geospatial & Open Data Hub
DataLB is the city's new public GeoSpatial & Open Data Portal for exploring, visualizing and downloading data that has been made publicly available.
Learn More »