|View COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Daily Updates|
The City of Long Beach Economic Development Department's mission is to create economic opportunities for workers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
Our staff, along with partners across the City, offer the following core services to create a vibrant, resilient, and inclusive economic ecosystem:
- Grow and strengthen established industry clusters and emerging sectors in Long Beach.
- Increase access to economic opportunities in low-income communities to advance economic equity.
- Build a supportive economic ecosystem that creates reliable pathways for entrepreneurs to confidently start and grow successful business.
- Create more responsive, cost-effective, and streamlined City processes to grow investment and development in the city.
- Enhance quality of life to grow businesses, jobs, and investment that support a thriving local economy.
- Advance an integrated approach to local and regional economic development to enhance business opportunities and global connectedness.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram at @LBEconDev
ED Staff aniticpates it will return to City Council with findings and recommendations regarding the results of the Independent Jobs Coordinator Pilot Program prior to the expiration of the current PLA.
2020 Regional Economic Forum and 3rd Annual Blueprint Update
On April 22, 2020, the Economic Development Department (ED), in partnership with California State University Long Beach (CSULB), will be hosting the annual Long Beach Regional Economic Forum via the internet. This free-of-charge electronic version of the Forum will be followed by a redesigned and enhanced 2020 Economic Form planned for Fall of 2020.
Registration opening soon! Sign-up to receive an invitation or join our mailing list! We will send you follow up information about the upcoming forum on April 22, 2020.
DataLB: Geospatial & Open Data Hub
DataLB is the city's new public GeoSpatial & Open Data Portal for exploring, visualizing and downloading data that has been made publicly available.
Learn More »