|Request PPE for your Business.|
|View COVID-19 Business, Property Owner, and Worker Resources|
|Find low-cost Internet, computers and digital literacy training|
The mission of the Economic Development Department is to create economic opportunities for workers, investors and entrepreneurs. Economic Development staff are here to help you connect with:
- Business financial assistance and loans
- Unemployment Insurance Application
- Worker Resources
- Free virtual business advisors and consultation
- ‘Safer at Home’ Order (business closure information)
Please contact our Business Hotline and Call Center at 562-570-4BIZ (4249) daily between 8:00AM – 5:00PM.
Our staff, along with partners across the City, offer the following core services to create a vibrant, resilient, and inclusive economic ecosystem:
- Grow and strengthen established industry clusters and emerging sectors in Long Beach.
- Increase access to economic opportunities in low-income communities to advance economic equity.
- Build a supportive economic ecosystem that creates reliable pathways for entrepreneurs to confidently start and grow successful business.
- Create more responsive, cost-effective, and streamlined City processes to grow investment and development in the city.
- Enhance quality of life to grow businesses, jobs, and investment that support a thriving local economy.
- Advance an integrated approach to local and regional economic development to enhance business opportunities and global connectedness.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram at @LBEconDev
|View COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Daily Updates|
ED Staff anticipates it will return to City Council with findings and recommendations regarding the results of the Independent Jobs Coordinator Pilot Program prior to the expiration of the current PLA.