Weather experts predict that strong El Niño conditions exist and these conditions will influence southern California's winter storm patterns. Long Beach should be prepared for frequent and powerful storms from December through March. The City of Long Beach Winter Storm Team is reviewing and updating our response plans. On this page we have assembled information and resources to assist you in developing your plans for what to do before, during and after these winter storms.
- Free Sandbags
- Spanish - Bolsas De Arena Gratis
- El Niño - One Page Information Sheet
- Prepare For El Niño Now - Two Page Information Sheet
- Spanish - Prepare Ahora Para El Niño - Dos página de la hoja de información
- City of Long Beach Department Operations and Storm Response Plans
- Los Angeles County Preparation Information
- National Weather Service Update on El Niño Conditions
- National Weather Service National Winter Forecast
- Long Beach Weather Updates
- Los Angeles Times article on El Niño Preparation Options
The Long Beach Tsunami Preparedness Walk and Resource Fair will be held on March 17 at the Will Rogers Mini Park (Appian Way and Nieto Avenue, Long Beach, 90814).