| || || || |
Business Start-Up Grant
The $2,000 Business Start-Up Grant is designed to encourage entrepreneurs to establish businesses along certain corridors within the City of Long Beach. The program provides a $2,000 reimbursement grant to eligible businesses on a first come-first served basis.
Criteria for Participation
- The business must be located on a designed commercial street within the Community block Grant eligible areas (see map below).
- The business owner must apply within the first year of operation. The first year is based on the date the business license was issued.
- The business is a new community-serving retail or service business in a store front (a room at the ground floor of a building usually with display windows designed for use as a store of office. A building with an individual address, utility bills, entrance/exit, and visible and correct signage per city codes.) Accessible to the public.
- The business owner must complete a one on one counseling session with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- The business must be licensed in the City of Long Beach.
- The grant funds may reimburse legitimate start-up costs associated with opening the business.
- Copy of identification is required.
- Other restrictions may apply.
For a copy of the program flyer and eligibility form, please click here. For more information contact the $2,000 Business Start-Up Grant Coordinator at (562) 570-6866.
| || || |