| || || || |
Through grants, gifts, and donations from our generous residents, Long Beach Animal Care Services is able to offer spay/neuter vouchers on a limited basis. We start distributing vouchers on the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 AM at the Animal Admissions counter at Long Beach Animal Care Services 7700 E. Spring Street, Long Beach, CA 90815. Due to the overwhelming demand, we suggest you arrive no later than 10am to secure your place in line. Vouchers are given out on a first come first served basis to residents of Long Beach and our contract cities of Los Alamitos, Cerritos, Seal Beach and Signal Hill.
Spay/Neuter vouchers are only good at participating local veterinary hospitals and clinics. In order to qualify for a voucher, pet owners must provide proof of address through photo ID with address or utility bill. Owners must pay the remaining balance of the spay or neuter procedure directly to the veterinary hospital; Animal Care Services will reimburse the veterinary hospital for up to $30 of the procedure. Requests for multiple vouchers must be submitted to Animal Care Services and may only be approved on a case-by-case basis by shelter supervisors.
Vouchers are only good participating veterinary clinics. Availability and pricing will vary. Please call ahead for pricing and appointment information:
- ABC Animal Hospital, 9121 Walker Street, Cypress, 714-995-8033
- Ambassador Dog & Cat Hospital, 2251 E. Carson Street, Long Beach, 562-427-2889
- Belmont Heights Animal Hospital, 255 Redondo Avenue, Long Beach, 562-439-6871
- Belmont Shore Animal Hospital, 6222 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, 562-961-0028
- Bixby Animal Clinic, 3938 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, 562-426-4066
- Blue Cross Pet Hospital, 2665 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Signal Hill, 562-494-0975
- Boulevard Animal Hospital, 2139 E Artesia Blvd, Long Beach, 562-633-6514
- Broadway Pet Clinic, 1058 E. Broadway, Long Beach, 562-432-1413
- Cats & Dogs Animal Hospital, 627 Redondo Ave, Long Beach, 562-439-4228
- Community Pet Hospital, 5858 E. Spring Street, Long Beach, 562-421-8463
- Crenshaw Animal Hospital and Cat Clinic, 24260 Crenshaw Boulevard, Torrance, 310-326-0000
- Golden State Humane Society, 555 E. Artesia Blvd, Long Beach, 562-423-8406
- Lincoln Animal Hospital, 5391 Lincoln Ave, Cypress, 714-995-9200
- Los Alamitos Animal Hospital, 4102 Katella Avenue, Los Alamitos, 562-431-6925
- Mercy Animal Medical Center, 2141 E. Market Street, Long Beach, 562-423-5458
- Parkview Pet Hospital, 4103 Viking Way, Suite A, Long Beach, 562-425-8140
- Pine Animal Hospital, 900 Pine Ave, Long Beach, 562-912-7463
- Primary Care Animal Hospital, 200 N. Lakewood Blvd., Long Beach, 562-274-7776
- SNP/LA (formerly Clinico), 9325 Slauson Avenue, Pico Rivera, 1-888-937-7295
- SNP/LA, 957 N. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, 1-888-937-7295
- Uptown Animal Hospital, 3350 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, 90808 562-424-8541
- VCA Lakewood Animal Hospital, 10701 South Street, Cerritos, 562-926-3600
The City of Long Beach is not responsible for services or procedures provided at participating hospitals or clinics. Every hospital or clinic is responsible for its own liability insurance. Feedback may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have received a voucher from the City of Long Beach Animal Care Services, you will need to call the Veterinary Hospital of your choice to request pricing information and schedule an appointment. Availability and pricing may vary. You must call ahead to use your voucher. The City does not recommend or show favor to one business over another. The participating veterinary hospitals and clinics have agreed to accept the Long Beach Spay and Neuter Voucher but it is the responsibility of the animal owner to select a service provider based on their own personal preferences. The City is not responsible for the services provided.
The program began in 2009 and continues until current funds are exhausted or until all vouchers are distributed for the year. This Fund is limited by the number of gifts and grants we will receive during the year. If you are interested in contributing to this program please go to: Dr. Loren Eslinger Spay and Neuter Fund No municipal General Fund dollars are utilized for this program. The availability of vouchers is contingent on the number of spay and neuter penalties collected and the amount of private donations received each year.
| || || |