**TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Street Closure Information
Beach Streets University
Saturday, April 29, 2017
11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Beach Streets is an Open Streets event designed to showcase businesses & neighborhoods. For a single day, we close a major traffic corridor to cars & open the street to people walking & bicycling. The event attracts local residents & visitors from across the region to explore & discover the area at a slower "foot-traffic" pace. Previous Beach Streets events have attracted more than 40,000 people!
- Participants of all ages will enjoy family-friendly entertainment at festival hubs along the route, including Whaley Park and California State University, Long Beach.
- Opportunity for participants to discover local businesses & services. Try a new restaurant. Explore a new retail store. Find a business service that suits your needs.
- Suggested modes of transportation along the route include: Walking, bicycles, wheelchairs, skates, rollerblades, skateboards, etc… Basically anything without a motor (officially marked means of transportation for those with disabilities excepted).
- The event route is free of vehicle traffic & parked cars, no cars on the street!
NO PARKING BEGINS ON THE BEACH STREETS ROUTE BEGINNING AT 8:00 AM. IF ANY CAR IS PARKED ON THE ROUTE AFTER 8:00 AM, THE CAR WILL BE TOWED.
Streets closed to traffic are Atherton St., Bellflower Blvd., Los Coyotes Diagonal, and Spring St. and are labeled in orange on the map. “NO PARKING” signs shall be posted 72 hours in advance.
Select side streets to the route shall be closed to thru traffic. No parking signs shall be posted on select portions of side streets.
The “Crossings” on the map are to allow for vehicular traffic to cross the route.
5:30 AM – No Parking Posting
- No parking signs shall be posted 72 hours in advance
- Posting times shall be from 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM (Unless Otherwise Noted)
- TIME TBD – No parking goes into effect for festival areas
- 8:00 AM – No parking goes into effect along the route
- TIME TBD – Hard Closure | Festival Areas
- 8:30 AM – Streets begin to close
- 10:00 AM – Hard Closure of Route
- 11:00 AM – Event Begins
- 5:30 PM – Begin opening route
- 7:30 PM – Route if fully open to traffic
Community Meetings will address street closures, community participation, scope of the event, community impact and all things Beach Streets!
MARCH 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Whaley Park Community Center
5620 E Atherton St
Long Beach, CA 90815
APRIL 13, 2017 at 6:30PM
El Dorado Park Community Center
2800 N Studebaker Rd
Long Beach, CA 90815